Why should I retain an Online Divorce Lawyer?
For almost eight years I have had an online family law practice, and it has worked extremely well both for my clients, and for me. The law practice is now a national one, and I have clients in almost every State of Australia. I only work with clients who are agreeable on their property division, this is a huge niche market. Because there is no need to go through the processes of the Family Court, the property settlements are completed in a much shorter time frame. This means reduced costs for clients and very little stress compared to a journey through the Family Court.
What is different about an Online Divorce Lawyer?
My practice is a unique and innovative one, so I understand that some prospective clients may be hesitant to contact me because I have created a new, easier, quicker and less costly way of resolving family law property settlements. The NSW Law Society, in their FLIP report (Future of Law and Innovation in the Profession), recommended me and my Online Divorce Lawyer practice on four occasions as an innovative law practice, and for my use of technology. I am available outside of normal business hours which means clients can communicate with me at times to suit them rather than having to take time off work or their business.
What are the benefits for clients in having an Online Divorce Lawyer?
- You will be advised and assisted by a family lawyer of 25 years experience, who has also gone down the road of a separation and property settlement;
- You will not have to go through the Family Court process of filing documents, attending court etc;
- There is no need to take time off work, or out of your business, to communicate with me. This is done via email, text, phone and free Skype video or phone calls, in or out of business hours;
- Time is saved in finalising the settlement process, technology really speeds up the procedures;
- Costs are saved because of the faster process, and because I work from a home office I can pass on savings due to less overheads;
- I work on a fixed fee basis, so you know upfront what your final costs will be;
- You only communicate with one lawyer, another time and costs saver; at the time of signing the Agreement both parties will need the advice of independent lawyers, I can do this for one client and a colleague can do this for the other;
- Your stress levels will be kept at the lowest level, the process ensures that the property settlement will be finalised within a few months (depending on the efficiency of banks, mortgage brokers etc which is out of my control);
The benefits for me are
- that I get to work with less stressed clients;
- to meet up with clients all over Australia;
- to fulfill my mission to keep clients away from the Family Court.
Happy clients means a happy lawyer!
I have now launched a membership site for like-minded family lawyers who would like to do what I do, and build up a national family law practice.
Read more about the membership site here
Lyn Lucas is the owner of Online Divorce Lawyer. With 25 years experience in family law Lyn empathises with couples going through a separation and a property settlement. Her focus with Online Divorce Lawyer is to reduce the pain and deliver excellent results in the process of a property settlement, her mission is to keep clients out of the Family Court. With a negotiated fixed fee for this service, couples have certainty as to their legal costs. Visit Lyn’s site and opt in for a complimentary e-book “Guide to Saving Money with a Divorce Property Settlement”